Health and Wellbeing
32 songs that science says change your mood
There's been a surprising amount of research into the neuroscience of music and how it can affect our mood and physiology. Check out our three lists below of music tracks that have been shown to help people feel relaxed, happy, or excited.
Each of the song links takes you to a page where you can go straight to that song on whatever music service you use - Amazon, Apple , Spotify, YouTube, or others.
Why not a playlist of them all?
The 10 Most Relaxing Songs Ever
The 10 Happiest Songs Ever
12 Songs That Will Give You (Good) Chills
- L’Arena by Ennio Morricone
- Storm by Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin
- First Breath After Coma by Explosions in the Sky
- Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
- Angelica by Lamb
- Heavyweight by Infected Mushroom
- Adagio for Strings by Tiesto
- Le Moulin by Yann Tiersen
- Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber
- Piano Sonata No. 17 in D Minor, Op. 31 No. 2 “Tempest”: III. Allegretto by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Read Next
- Resident Advisor Vacancies - APPLY NOW! Ultimate Fandom Quiz - Part 2 Putlock Picnic Party Coffee and Canvases Connaught Hall annual photo Connaught Just Dance Event After-Exam Hot Chocolate Leaving BBQ and Farewell Party at College Hall! Therapy Dogs @ College Hall! Pack for Good 2023: Donate and Make a Difference!
- What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls Register with a GP Contact your Hall Management team How do you meet guys without using apps or gay bars? How we stay safer, together Connaught Hall Tour: Connaught Cribs Be aware of fake police officers! Garden Halls: Meet your warden and their team Support Services at your college How to get in touch with the Warden's Team