All the uni supplies you NEED
Your first task when you arrive at uni is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover (bring spares of all of these!)
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
We've made you a downloadable shopping list so that you don't forget anything:
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing! Don't forget that you don't need to buy all of this in the UK, there are shops in the UK where you can buy everything at an affordable price.
See you soon!
- Read Next
- What is it like to live in the Intercollegiate Halls of Residence? What's Browzer? Your arrivals day is nearly here... Mentally preparing yourself for university... 6 super simple recipes for Freshers The essentials for your first food shop! 4 simple ice breakers for Welcome Week at UoL 18 unexpected things you need at uni Time to start getting ready for uni! THE must-have tech for freshers Which type of room do I have? 5 reasons to be excited about life at International Hall Life in the UK vs. China A welcome note from the Garden Halls Warden Packing for life in the UK
- A welcome note from the Eleanor Rosa House Warden Your UK arrival checklist! Join your accommodation Facebook group! A welcome note from the Garden Halls Warden New to banking in the UK?