Get yourself a bug buddy!
New government guidance about coronavirus requires anyone with a cough or a fever to self-isolate for seven days. This could affect quite large numbers of residents.
How would you get food, medicines, or other essential items if you had to self-isolate in your room?
Have a conversation now with your friends about being “bug buddies” for each other. If you get sick and have to self-isolate, your bug buddy will:
- Collect meals from the dining hall and leave them outside your room
- Go out to do urgent shopping for you
Bring any parcels to your room (leaving them outside your door)
- Collect any food deliveries from reception for you (leaving them outside your door)
- Keep in touch with your while you are self-isolated to make sure you're ok - maybe via phone, WhatsApp, or Messenger
Could you be a bug buddy to someone in need?
Some residents might have difficulty identifying a bug buddy (maybe because their friends are also self-isolating).
If you would be willing to be a bug buddy for someone in need, contact your Hall Warden or an RA.
They will keep a list of emergency bug buddies and might call on you to help if needed.
Our main information outlet about COVID-19 is here: Coronavirus advice and FAQs | University of London.
There's more COVID-19 information specifically for intercollegiate halls residents here.
- Read Next
- FREE FESTIVAL: Never Alone LDN Guided London Bus Tour at 62.5% discount! Warden's welcome speech (recorded) You Said, We Did How we stay safer, together Be aware of fake police officers! Contact your Hall Management team Yoga and Pilates classes for our residents Reporting concerns about bullying, harassment, or abuse Sexual assault helplines
- International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time 10% off your student essentials Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls Bug buddies Effective handwashing Keeping safe in London - your quick guide.