Get yourself a bug buddy!
New government guidance about coronavirus requires anyone with a cough or a fever to self-isolate for seven days. This could affect quite large numbers of residents.
How would you get food, medicines, or other essential items if you had to self-isolate in your room?
Have a conversation now with your friends about being “bug buddies” for each other. If you get sick and have to self-isolate, your bug buddy will:
- Collect meals from the dining hall and leave them outside your room
- Go out to do urgent shopping for you
Bring any parcels to your room (leaving them outside your door)
- Collect any food deliveries from reception for you (leaving them outside your door)
- Keep in touch with your while you are self-isolated to make sure you're ok - maybe via phone, WhatsApp, or Messenger
Could you be a bug buddy to someone in need?
Some residents might have difficulty identifying a bug buddy (maybe because their friends are also self-isolating).
If you would be willing to be a bug buddy for someone in need, contact your Hall Warden or an RA.
They will keep a list of emergency bug buddies and might call on you to help if needed.
Our main information outlet about COVID-19 is here: Coronavirus advice and FAQs | University of London.
There's more COVID-19 information specifically for intercollegiate halls residents here.
- Read Next
- Visit the Buckingham Palace Going out while staying in – Friday night sorted! Discover mindfulness in the coronavirus lockdown Contribute to research in the fight against coronavirus The British Museum collection in your room! Free opera all the way from the Met! Go to a live show without leaving your room! Theatre on lockdown - sure! Learn something new online Let's TRIAL some streaming!
- Changes to halls services, facilities, and regulations COVID-19: supporting international students Making the most of LinkedIn Making the transition to university Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak Recipe of the week: Chinese fakeaway Make yourself more employable in 2020 Fact-checked coronavirus resources Tell us about your wellbeing at university Self-isolation