Cookie Consent by
a close up of a box


College Hall: how can we help?

By Konrad 11 Sep 2023

It’s always best to contact us by email, phone, or speaking in person. Please don’t use social media or instant messaging apps to contact us about anything that’s important to you, as we might miss your message.


Staff are available 24 hours a day for emergency help. Ask reception to contact the duty Resident Advisor (RA) or manager. If you need the emergency services, call 999 first, then inform reception so they can send emergency personnel to your location and alert Hall staff to support you.

  • Call reception: +44 (0) 20 7307 4000

Welfare, health & wellbeing

Contact the Warden or a Resident Advisor (RA) if you are worried about your studies, health, or wellbeing – including stress, illness, loneliness, disputes, harassment and equality issues. No problem is too big or too small to discuss with the Warden or RAs. If you don’t want a formal meeting, just come and speak with us at mealtimes.

  • Call reception: +44 (0) 20 7307 4000
  • Contact the Warden (Konrad Sliwiak):
  • If you would like to meet with Konrad, please schedule an appointment.

More health & wellbeing information:

Noise complaints

Noise is a common cause of dissatisfaction with Hall life. If you are being disturbed, please try to address the problem yourself first, by speaking politely and calmly to the person(s) making noise. If this is unsuccessful, then ask contact reception to call the duty Resident Advisor.

  • Call reception: +44 (0) 20 7307 4000
  • Contact the Warden (Konrad Sliwiak):

Social & recreational

The Warden and Resident Advisors plan and oversee the social, cultural, and community programme in the hall. Speak with them about any comments or suggestions about social and recreational facilities, or ideas for events that you would like us to organise.

  • Contact the Warden (Konrad Sliwiak):


Report routine maintenance requests in the book at reception. If it’s an emergency (e.g. flood or electrical fault), ask security to contact the on-duty staff member immediately. Contact the Hall Management team about any persistently unresolved maintenance problems.

  • Contact the Hall Management team:

Lost property & lost room keys

If you find any lost property, hand it in at reception. If you have lost something, ask the Hall Management team during normal working hours if it has been handed in. If you lose your room key, you can get a replacement from reception for a fee.

  • Contact the Hall Management team:

Housekeeping & cleaning

Write any routine requests for general housekeeping matters in the housekeeping book at reception. Contact the Hall Management team about any housekeeping or cleaning concerns - including waste disposal and recycling.

  • Contact the Hall Management team:


Ask to speak with the chef immediately if you think there is a problem with the food, or if you need to know about allergens. To make any other comments or suggestions, email us.

References for landlords & proof of address for the bank

The Hall Management team can provide reference letters as proof of address (e.g. for your bank) or tenancy history (e.g. for future landlords letting agencies).

  • Contact the Hall Management team:


If there is a problem with your Hall internet connection (wired or wireless), contact the central University of London Network Services team. Please note that your eduroam login is managed by your college, not the University of London.

Room swaps & contract dates

All room swaps and contract issues are dealt with by the central Allocations team.

Accommodation fees & invoices

Payment deadlines are shown on your invoice. Pay online via the Accommodation Portal. Any queries are dealt with by the central Finance team.

If your question isn’t answered above

Your Hall Handbook is the definitive guide to everything in halls. You can find the Hall Handbook on our Useful documents page.