Health and Wellbeing
COVID-19: What to do if you need help
There's more COVID-19 information specifically for intercollegiate halls residents here, including what to do if you're planning to travel for the Easter break, and how we're supporting our international student community.
Important new guidance about self-isolation
Public Health England requires anyone with a cough or fever to self-isolate for 7 days from the onset of symptoms. Anyone who shares a household with the symptomatic person must self-isolate for 14 days from when the first person in the household developed symptoms.
See our article about self-isolation for details.
Check if you need medical help
NHS 111 has an online service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.
Use this service if:
- you think you might have coronavirus;
- you've recently been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus; or
- you've been in close contact with someone with coronavirus.
Use the online service here.
If you are advised that you need to self-isolate
Some people may be advised by the NHS that they need to self-isolate, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If this applies to you, see our article about self-isolation, which includes information about how we can support you to self-isolate in our intercollegiate halls.
Please let us know if you are self-isolating in intercollegiate halls by completing this form: bit.ly/uol-self-isolation.
If you're thinking of leaving your hall
Please see our separate post about leaving halls before the end of your contract.
If you're concerned about harassment or racial stereotyping
- Read Next
- Have spare time on lockdown? – take an Ivy League free online course! Visit the Buckingham Palace Going out while staying in – Friday night sorted! Discover mindfulness in the coronavirus lockdown Contribute to research in the fight against coronavirus The British Museum collection in your room! Free opera all the way from the Met! Go to a live show without leaving your room! Theatre on lockdown - sure! Learn something new online
- Changes to halls services, facilities, and regulations COVID-19: supporting international students Making the most of LinkedIn Making the transition to university Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak Recipe of the week: Chinese fakeaway Make yourself more employable in 2020 Fact-checked coronavirus resources Tell us about your wellbeing at university Self-isolation