Coronavirus safety in halls now guests are allowed
There are new COVID-19 variants of concern circulating in London. The variant labelled B.1.617.2 is more easily transmitted than other variants and is rapidly becoming the dominant coronavirus variant in the UK.
Our Safe to Stay standard precautions have been updated
Please ensure you continue to adhere to our published standard precautions, which you can find here:
Pay special attention to the following:
- wear a face covering in shared / public areas;
- keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres from others who do not live on your floor / in your flat;
- do not move chairs or tables in common rooms or dining areas, and observe maximum occupancy / maximum seating numbers;
- mixed-household gatherings of more than six people are not allowed indoors;
- mixed-household gatherings of more than 30 people are not allowed anywhere.
Your guests must follow our standard precautions
Residents are responsible for the conduct of their guests in hall. Since we are now able to sign in guests, please ensure anyone you bring into the hall adheres to our Safe to Stay requirements. You can read all the requirements for signing in guests here:
The rules for guests may be modified, or the facility withdrawn altogether, at short notice if there is an outbreak in a hall or if it becomes apparent that allowing guests may be exposing residents and staff to greater risk. Safety will always remain our priority.
Please be responsible in how you exercise your new ability to host guests in your hall, to help ensure this can remain safe and accessible to everyone for the rest of the academic year.
The "roadmap" out of lockdown: COVID-19 Response - Spring 2021
You can find all our COVID-19 content at campuslife.london.ac.uk/tags/COVID-19.
There is a quick summary at campuslife.london.ac.uk/covid19-guidance-start-here_122007.
- Read Next
- FAQs: Self-isolation at the end of term Register with a GP to get your COVID-19 vaccine Safer travel at the end of term Coronavirus safety in halls now guests are allowed Rule of six indoors from 17 May Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week Download the NHS coronavirus app
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls