COVID-19 FAQ: Can I use the hall garden?
If you are in self-isolation with symptoms or a positive test
Please do not go out to the garden if you have symptoms of coronavirus or have tested positive for COVID-19. You should stay in your room as much as possible. If you smoke regularly, we recommend buying nicotine replacement
products (e.g. gum or patches) for the period of your self-isolation.
Going out to smoke is not an allowable reason to leave your room during
self-isolation with symptoms or a positive test.
If you are in travel quarantine or contact quarantineYou may use the hall garden area, during the normal opening times for that space. You must:
- wash or sanitise your hands immediately before leaving your room and again when you re-enter the building from the garden area;
- wear a face covering the whole time you are out of your own room (including when outside);
- go straight to and from the garden, not using any other social areas or visiting other residents;
- keep the time outside your room to a reasonable minimum;
- not have face-to-face interaction with anyone else;
- not socialise with other garden users.
- Read Next
- Your "Many Days of Christmas" events Calendar Zoom cooking classes with an award-winning chef 60 minutes Guided Meditation Emotional Wellbeing Workshop (open to everyone) Emotional Wellbeing Workshop (for women only) Fitness Circuit - online fitness for ALL! National lockdown in England What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms Support during COVID-19 COVID-19 FAQ: Can I use the hall garden?
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials Choosing a mobile network COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Social distancing FAQs