Life In London
Deals, discounts and offers!
We're approaching that point of the year where your bank account is about to look VERY healthy...
BUT if you still want to be able to go out and enjoy yourself throughout the full term, not just at the beginning, we've got you! There are plenty of deals that you and your friends can enjoy to make sure you’re eating delicious food and having a fun social life whilst saving money all year around...
Food can be very expensive, especially when you’re eating out, and who doesn’t enjoy eating out every once in a while? As a student, you can create an account with ‘Student Beans’ where you’ll find loads of discounts on any food you fancy, e.g. 30% off at Pizza Express. A TasteCard is well worth buying too - lots of restaurants all over London (independent spots and big names like YO! Sushi and Pizza Express) allow you to use this card in exchange of a discount.
There’s nothing worse than spending a fortune on travel! As a student you can get a bunch of different discounts and deals on different travel methods:
- Train fares can be very expensive but with a 16-25 railcard you can get a third off rail fares to travel all across Britain so you can get to and from destinations at a much cheaper price.
- The best way to get around in London is by train and bus and for that, having an Oyster card is pretty much essential. As a student, you can actually get a discounted Oyster card that allows you to claim an extra 30% off travel. Register for your card ASAP!
- If you need to travel by bus you will find you’ll have spent all your change on one ticket before you know it and if you’re doing this regularly it can add up. To get cheaper tickets, try buying in bulk to get a cheaper price overall. This is particularly useful if you’re a student that does a lot of travelling by bus regularly.
- Thinking about doing some work abroad for your uni placement or ever in need of a holiday with your friends? Well, Student Universe has loads of flights made at a cheaper price for students so you can fly safely and happy knowing you haven’t drained your bank account.
We all deserve to give ourselves some retail therapy from time to time. That’s why downloading the UniDays app and creating an account is one of the best things you'll do as a student. Either show your UniDays ID instore or enter the discount codes online; you'll find hundreds of deals at your fingertips.
Into films? If you register with ShowFilmFirst, you can get FREE tickets to the latest films at the cinema and even attend premieres - perfect if you can stand the thought of #FOMO and not being the first to see the big blockbusters.
And there you have it, a whole bunch of brilliant deals for you to try out and have fun with whilst living in London... Happy spending!
- Read Next
- Time to start getting ready for uni! How do I make my long distance relationship last? Your arrivals day is nearly here... Bloggers Wanted! Travelling from... Heathrow Airport Cost of LIVING in London Choosing a mobile network Transport in London New to banking in the UK? A guide to food shopping Where can I buy shampoo? Travelling from... Gatwick Airport What is living in London REALLY like? What is sport really like at uni? Packing for life in the UK
- A welcome note from the Eleanor Rosa House Warden Your UK arrival checklist! Join your accommodation Facebook group! A welcome note from the Garden Halls Warden New to banking in the UK?