Health and Wellbeing
Free mindfulness & meditation resources during COVID-19
Many people find that mindfulness practices, including meditation, help them to deal with events that challenge their mental wellbeing.
Now is a great time to begin or deepen a regular practice of meditation. You probably have a lot more alone time right now that you are used to, and fewer academic demands on your time. So it's a good time to start new healthy habits in general. Read more in this article about the science of building habits.
Many mindfulness and meditation groups and teachers have made some or all of their resources and online classes free while so much of the world is in lockdown. Here is a small selection of the live mediation sessions:
- The Mindfulness Project - Antiviral Meditation live session every day at 6pm (UK)
- Tara Brach - Mindfulness Daily
- The Mindfulness Association - Daily Online Meditation at 7pm (UK)
- Mindful magazine - Mindful Online at 8pm (UK) every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Ten Percent Happier - Ten Percent Live at 8pm (UK) every weekday
- Tricycle - Free online live meditations at various times, twice a week (follow link for schedule)
- Oxford Mindfulness Centre - Free online meditations delivered via Zoom once a week
- East Coast Mindfulness - Free weekly online global sit every Thursday at 5:10pm (UK)
- Insight Meditation Society - Free online meditation sessions every day at 6pm (UK)
- Muse - Free daily live meditation on IG live at 7pm (UK)
The Mindfulness Initiative have published a list of many more free-to-access resources and online groups. You can access the list HERE.
- Read Next
- Your "Many Days of Christmas" events Calendar Zoom cooking classes with an award-winning chef 60 minutes Guided Meditation Emotional Wellbeing Workshop (open to everyone) Emotional Wellbeing Workshop (for women only) Fitness Circuit - online fitness for ALL! National lockdown in England What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms Support during COVID-19 COVID-19 FAQ: Can I use the hall garden?
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials Choosing a mobile network COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Social distancing FAQs