Free STRESS-LESS Mindfulness Meditation Series
Add this event to your calendar
More Fewer Dates
A FREE drop-in-when-you-can online series offering mindfulness meditation sessions twice a week via Zoom! You don’t have to have attended any previous sessions to join! Simply pick the time that suits you and click the zoom link below when it’s time.
The sessions will be led by our Meditation Teacher and former UoL resident, Farah – offering students a chance to relax and take a breather in between the stresses of university life.
The sessions are BEGINNER FRIENDLY and are guided throughout to help take away any anxieties or worries you may have about meditating. Mindfulness Meditation is a practice that works on accepting your thoughts, feelings and sensations as they are – in order to release self-judgement. The sessions focus on bringing more kindness into the way we speak and interact with ourselves internally and are a safe gentle space for you to unwind.
Each session is specifically designed for university life and has a different themed meditation ranging from dealing with university pressure to tapping into self-love, to working with procrastination.
Studies on the ancient practice of Meditation have shown the practice can potentially increase your ability to concentrate, relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety, provide more emotional balance and increase your self-awareness!
Ready to give it a try? The sessions run on Tuesdays at 4pm and Sundays at 10am and last about 40 minutes.
You are welcome to drop in to any of them, previous experience is not required and you can attend any session without having gone to a previous session.”
Zoom Meeting ID: 391 115 7750
- 2nd & 7th March - Self-Love
- 9th & 14th March - Feeling Lonely in Lockdown
- 6th & 21st March - Feeling Overwhelmed
- 23rd & 28th March - Calm Your Inner Critic
- 30th March & 4th April - University Pressure
- 6th & 11th April - Anxiety Relief
- 13th & 18th April - Inner Peace
- 20th & 24th April - Overthinking
- 27th April & 2nd May - Energy Boost
- 4th & 9th May - Confidence
- 11th & 16th May - Procrastination
- 18th & 23rd May - Releasing Self-Doubt
- Read Next
- Free STRESS-LESS Mindfulness Meditation Series Reporting concerns about bullying, harassment, or abuse Sexual assault helplines January 2021 Lockdown - Accommodation FAQs January lockdown in England Scams in the time of a pandemic International Hall Warden and his team Tuition Fees Scams - beware! What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms Support during COVID-19
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Social distancing FAQs Travelling from... Stansted Airport