Health and Wellbeing
This quick guide will help you keep COVID-safe for yourself, your friends and family, and those you share any transport with.
Get tested twice a week, every week
- Current guidance is that everyone should take a coronavirus test twice a week, every week.
- It’s a great idea to do a test 3 days before you travel and another on the day of travel. Rapid tests are not perfect, but this testing schedule should give you the best assurance possible with lateral tests that you are not infectious.
- You can get tested at our Student Central asymptomatic test site. Or you can pick up a pack of 7 do-it-yourself home tests from the same location.
Plan ahead and check before you travel
- Some public transport routes are still not completely back to normal, so check your route and book tickets in advance in possible.
- If you’re travelling overseas, be sure to check the entry requirements of the country you are travelling to. You might need to provide a negative test result at the border, or meet other requirements for entry.
Don’t travel if you…
- have been told by the NHS Test and Trace service to self-isolate;
- are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms; or
- are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus symptoms or sharing a household or support bubble with somebody with symptoms.
Maintain hygiene and social distancing when travelling
- Wear a face covering on public transport and at stations and airports.
- Keep 2m distance from anyone you don’t live with.
- Sanitise your hands frequently.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue then throw away the tissue and clean your hands.
- Open a window for ventilation if possible.
- Close contact with friends and family is a personal choice, but you should consider the guidance on risks associated with COVID-19 and actions you can take to help keep yourself and others safe:
- You can find out more about safer travel on the UK government website.
- Read Next
- Easing of coronavirus restrictions from 19 July Get your vaccine now! Safer travel Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week Download the NHS coronavirus app Psychosocial support for students Yoga and Pilates classes for our residents
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials Let's stay safe, together Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls