Terms and Conditions for borrowing items from reception
As a resident of Eleanor Rosa House, you are welcome to borrow one of the games or electrical items.
While on loan, as a person who signs an item out, you are entirely responsible for the item you borrowed, even if you share it with other residents or your guests.
To sign an item out you must leave your Hall ID card at reception as a form of deposit. If you do not have a Hall ID card you must apply for one.
No other tokens will be accepted as a deposit for borrowed items.
Please check the item’s condition before you borrow it. Any damages, missing parts etc., will be attributed to the last person to sign the item out.
- Electrical items must be returned within 2 hours.
- Games must be returned within 5 hours, or if borrowed overnight (signed out after 6 pm) by 12 pm the following day.
- Pool and ping-pong equipment must be returned after you have finished playing. If someone else is waiting to use them, they will have to sign it out themselves.
Remember to sign the item IN when you return it – it is your responsibility.
If you fail to return items on time, there may be financial penalties. If the items are not returned in the same condition as they were borrowed, you may be charged for a repair or replacement. Please let the receptionist know of any problems with the items you borrowed.
By signing an item out, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Please bear in mind that the items are to be used/enjoyed by everyone.
Take care of them as if they were your own.
Thank you for your cooperation
Eleanor Rosa House Team
- Read Next
- What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms Support during COVID-19 COVID-19 FAQ: Can I use the hall garden? COVID-19 FAQ: Can I form a support bubble? Support Services at your college Fire evacuations at International Hall - a video guide Getting deliveries in quarantine/self-isolation How do I evacuate the building when I’m self-isolating? Register with your local GP Watch NOW: Your guide to student insurance
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials Your UK arrival checklist! Choosing a mobile network COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university