What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms
The symptoms of coronavirus are a new, persistent cough, high temperature, and/or loss/change of your sense of taste/smell. If you are unwell with any one or more of these symptoms, please:
1. Stay in your room.
2. Seek and follow medical advice.
- Enter your symptoms in the NHS COVID-19 app; or
- visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19; or
- call 119 from your phone; or
- call 999 for an emergency ambulance if you are very unwell.
3. Tell us at bit.ly/uolselfisolation.
4. See the government guidance for self-isolation at bit.ly/covid19selfisol.
5. Review our guidance for self-isolating in halls: campuslife.london.ac.uk/selfisolation_122071.
- There is slightly different guidance for Eleanor Rosa House: campuslife.london.ac.uk/selfisolation-erh--handel_122075
6. When you receive your coronavirus test result
- Tell us the result at bit.ly/covidtestresult.
- AND, between the hours of 8am and 11pm, please also tell a member of our team by phoning reception.
It is important to tell us your test result immediately, because this will guide our decisions about contact tracing and quarantine.
- Read Next
- Listening to your feedback Reduce the Juice Connect: A Climate Resilient Water System Stress busters for exam season 12 stages all students go through during exams Review of guest policy Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Returning to campus Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls