What to do if you have coronavirus symptoms
Updated on 19 July 2021.
Have you seen our new requirements, requests and recommendations for staying safe, together?
The symptoms of coronavirus are a new, persistent cough, high temperature, and/or loss/change of your sense of taste/smell. If you are unwell with any one or more of these symptoms, please:
1. Stay in your room.
2. Seek and follow medical advice.
- Enter your symptoms in the NHS COVID-19 app; or
- visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19; or
- call 119 from your phone; or
- call 999 for an emergency ambulance if you are very unwell.
3. Tell us at bit.ly/uolselfisolation.
4. See the government guidance for self-isolation at bit.ly/covid19selfisol.
5. Review our guidance for self-isolating in halls: campuslife.london.ac.uk/selfisolation_122071.
- There is slightly different guidance for Eleanor Rosa House: campuslife.london.ac.uk/selfisolation-erh--handel_122075
6. When you receive your coronavirus test result
- Tell us the result at bit.ly/covidtestresult.
- AND, between the hours of 8am and 11pm, please also tell a member of our team by phoning reception.
It is important to tell us your test result immediately, because this will guide our decisions about contact tracing and quarantine.
- Read Next
- Easing of coronavirus restrictions from 19 July Get your vaccine now! Safer travel Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week Download the NHS coronavirus app Psychosocial support for students Yoga and Pilates classes for our residents
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials Let's stay safe, together Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls