Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

I Agree.


Which type of room do I have?

By Konrad 02 Aug 2019

Congratulations, you've got your offer! Now time to start getting excited about starting university and moving into student halls. 

In the run up to moving in, you will be undoubtedly scouring the internet for more information on your student room. You may be wondering what type of room you have, where it is and what is actually included in the room. We have done the research for you. Here is a breakdown of each type of room available, and everything you need to know. 

Single room with shared bathroom 

Across all the Intercollegiate Halls of Residence, we have single rooms. This means only one person can stay here, and it contains a single bed and has a considerably smaller amount of space than a double or plus room. The room size will be reflected in the price and will be clearly marked in your offer. Your bathroom (toilets and showers are separate) is shared with other residents in your flat.

Single en-suite room

All en-suite rooms come with their private bathroom (toilet and shower, not including a bath and bidet). This option is slightly more expensive, so make sure that you consider it carefully before you decide on a room. If you have a lower budget, a single room with a shared bathroom is be more appropriate. Either way, the vast majority of rooms in Intercollegiate Halls of Residence are catered but you should confirm this with the Accommodation and Hospitality Office - who provided you with your offer.

Studio room

For those with specific dietary requirements, people who want to cook their own meals or just want their own space, a studio is perfect. They come in two sizes (single and double) and have their own kitchenette with a hob, microwave and fridge. Studios have their own bathroom too. If you have a double studio, you can live there with another person, it's entirely up to you but the price will remain the same whether one or two people live there. 

Twin room

Twin rooms have two single beds and are shared by two people.If you have a friend, who you would like to share a twin room with, you can ask the Accomodation and Hospitality team to allocate you to the same room. Otherwise, you will share your room with a person of the same gender. Twin rooms have shared bathrooms and are a great option if you have a lower budget.

A townhouse

A townhouse offers the community spirit of halls but also more privacy to share a flat with friends. Townhouses are over 5 floors and have 4 bathrooms and 2 bathrooms. On the ground floor, there is a kitchen where you can cook meals together and socialise. Townhouses do not have lifts, so students with mobility problems should consider living in a different and more suitable accommodation type. We have a big selection of rooms across all the halls that are perfectly suited to people with disabilities.

Now, it's time to do your research into the local area and get more of an understanding of Life in London...


Arrivals, Freshers