How to get in touch with the Warden's Team

Posted 1 year ago

The Wardens can offer advice and support to you in halls

Students in the hall are often living away from home for the first time. The Warden and their team know that residents can encounter problems with loneliness, social isolation, bullying, conflicts related to religion or sexuality, depression, eating disorders, unplanned pregnancy, illness, drug and alcohol abuse, self-harm and suicidal thoughts, as well as antisocial behaviour, noisy neighbours, theft, and damage to property.

The Warden has a wealth of experience in offering frontline advice and support and is ready to discuss these and any other issues if the need arises.


Resident Advisors are usually experienced postgraduate students and they support the Warden in their duties. The RAs all live in the hall and are available in the evenings and at weekends, where one will always be on duty. Resident Advisors are a useful first point of contact where a situation can usually be resolved with one of your peers without going straight to the Warden or Hall Manager.

Duty RA (DRA)

Every weekday between 18:00 in the evening until 08:00 the next morning and all day at weekends and bank holidays one of the RAs is on duty. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any problems.


The Warden is a resident member of staff responsible for the welfare and pastoral care, discipline and conflict resolution (including noise complaints), re-admissions, out-of-hours emergency cover, and community and social life. The Warden normally holds a full-time appointment in the University, including its Member Institutions, and is therefore available in the hall on a part-time basis, usually in the evenings and at weekends.

How to contact the Warden's team:

Bonham Carter and Warwickshire House

College Hall

Connaught Hall

Eleanor Rosa House

Garden Halls

Handel Mansions

International Hall

Nutford House

Get in touch!