Resident of concern form

Posted 4 weeks ago

Let us know if you're worried about a Halls resident

We’re pleased to announce the launch of a new online form designed to help you raise concerns about the wellbeing of students living in the University of London Intercollegiate Halls. We understand that university life can be challenging, and sometimes students may face difficulties that impact their mental health, physical wellbeing, or overall safety. This form provides a simple and confidential way to share your concerns and ensure the appropriate support is provided.

Why use this form?

  • Mental Health Concerns: If you notice a student is struggling with their mental health, experiencing significant changes in mood or behavioor, or expressing thoughts of self-harm, this form can help us connect them with the necessary resources.
  • Physical Wellbeing Issues: Concerns about a student’s physical health, such as unexplained weight loss, persistent illness, or potential substance abuse, can also be raised through this form.
  • Missing Person Report: If you believe a student may be missing, or you have serious concerns about their safety, this form allows you to quickly alert the appropriate authorities.
  • General Wellbeing: Any other concerns related to a student’s overall wellbeing, such as social isolation, academic difficulties, or financial hardship, can be shared through this form.

Is it an emergency?

If you're worried that someone is in immediate danger, please call 999 for the emergency services first, then inform the Hall reception where the student lives. Afterward, you can complete the resident of concern form to be sure that you can pass on all the relevant detail to us. 

Who can use this form?

  • Students: If you’re worried about a friend, roommate, or classmate, you can use this form to express your concerns.
  • Families: Parents, guardians, and other family members can use this form to raise concerns about their loved one’s wellbeing.
  • Universities: University staff and faculty can use this form to share concerns about students living in the Intercollegiate Halls.

What happens when you submit a form?

  1. Immediate Action: Completed forms are automatically sent to the Warden of the student’s hall, the Hall Manager, the Residential Life Manager, and the Student Health & Wellbeing Manager. This ensures that your concern is seen and addressed promptly.
  2. Assessment & Support: The relevant staff will assess the information provided and determine the most appropriate course of action. This may involve contacting the student directly, offering support services, or involving external agencies if necessary.
  3. Confidentiality: All information submitted through this form is treated with the utmost confidentiality, and only shared with those who need to know in order to provide support.

Your concern matters.

We encourage you to use this form if you have any worries about a student living in the Intercollegiate Halls. Your concern could make a real difference in their life. Remember, you are not alone, and we are here to help.

Find the form:

Intercollegiate Halls Resident of Concern Form