Life In London
Recipe of the week: Healthy, hearty breakfast
As breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we've got a healthy hearty breakfast for our last recipe of the week. This is the perfect morning start you'll need, whether you're spending the day in the library or just chilling at home, this will give you the energy you'll need to last you all morning.
Poached eggs on avocado & feta toast
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 avocado, halved and flesh scooped out
- 50g feta
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- juice ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 slices of sourdough
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add the vinegar and bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat so the water is simmering, then use a spoon to swirl the water into a whirlpool and crack in both eggs and cook for 2 1/2 mins. There are different ways to poach eggs, watch a video here.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado, feta, chilli flakes and lemon juice, and season well with black pepper.
- Toast the bread and pile the avocado and feta on the toast, then put a poached egg on top of each.
Strawberry green goodness smoothie
- 160g ripe strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 160g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, halved and flesh scooped out
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 2 small oranges, juiced, plus ½ tsp finely grated zest
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until completely smooth. If it’s a little thick, add a drop of chilled water then blitz again. Pour into glasses and drink straight away.
Enjoy your breakfast!
- Read Next
- Recipe of the week: Chinese fakeaway Recipe of the week: Gigantes plaki Recipe of the week: Smoky veggie chilli The ULTIMATE guide to British food Your guide to shopping in the UK 5 things to do in London this March A guide to food shopping Amali's Blog: Bloomsbury on a budget! Staying safe in London Cost of LIVING in London Making the most of LinkedIn January arrivals - Settling into London life Best places to study in London Welcome to... Bloomsbury What's Browzer?
- Are you struggling with perfectionism? Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mumps: protect yourself and others Time to Talk at Garden Halls Keeping safe in London - your quick guide.