Review of guest policy
If the government roadmap out of lockdown proceeds as planned, it will be legal for people from different households to meet indoors in socially-distanced groups of up to six from 17 May. In that case, we will review our “no guests” policy with the hope that we will be able to allow you to sign in up to three day guests and one overnight guest at any one time. This will be contingent upon three criteria being met:
- the legal restrictions relax as anticipated;
- positive tests in the halls remain low; and
- compliance with existing rules is good.
Please review our Safe to Stay standard precautions and pay special attention to the following:
- wear a face covering in shared / public areas;
- keep a safe distance of at least 2 metres from others who do not live on your floor / in your flat;
- do not move chairs or tables in common rooms or dining areas;
- gatherings of more than six people are not allowed on halls property, inside or outside*;
- guests are not currently allowed.
* Exceptions apply in Garden Halls Townhouses and Hughes Parry Tower, if more than six people share a self-catered kitchen.
- Read Next
- Listening to your feedback Reduce the Juice Connect: A Climate Resilient Water System Stress busters for exam season 12 stages all students go through during exams Review of guest policy Be aware of fake police officers! Reporting lateral flow results to your university Returning to campus Contact your Hall Management team Get a COVID-19 test twice a week
- Travel quarantine (self-catered) International Students: Ordering your essentials New to banking in the UK? Arriving to your hall for the first time International students: essential info 10% off your student essentials COVID-19 precautions in halls Making the transition to university Travelling from... Stansted Airport What's cooking? Online menu for catered halls